Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Prophetic WAKE UP!

It was a beautiful summer morning in 1982. I was driving on my way to work as I do every weekday.
 I was praying on and off as I also usually do on long jaunts across the bridge but I always get so easily distracted, I don't know why.
This particular morning I was flying down the interstate 275 heading North towards Tampa from St. Petersburg. I was working in Tampa but lived in St. Petersburg, which is on the West side of the Howard Frankland bridge. It was always a long, grueling  bumper to bumper ride at 7:30 a.m. in the morning, and like many others I did this every morning.
 
On this particular wonderfully warm summer morning I was riding along with my radio on but turned down a bit. I wasn't thinking about anything much really that I can remember, just sort of in and out of prayerful thoughts, and just focused on the grind.
Nothing seemed unusual at all.
When all of a sudden I heard an audible male voice
SCREAM out loudly in the car, he said;
"WAKE UP!........ WAKE UP"!
Just like that, and so loud it was deafening!
It seemed to come at me from my left ear!
That was the ear up against the drivers side window!
I was shocked!
What the heck!
I almost had an accident as I jerked the wheel when I heard him scream this. It was frightening and so unexpected. It startled me and scared me beyond belief! It was so loud!
Who said that I thought? Is it going to happen again?
 
I kept driving somehow and I quickly reached over to shut the radio off and said out loud in an agitated voice, "Are you kidding me"! I am awake, I'm driving 60 miles an hour down the interstate, what do you mean WAKE UP? You can clearly see I'm awake. I'm on my way to work! Who said this?
Silence.....
There was no reply. I waited for a moment more, still no reply.
"Are you kidding me" I said, Who am I talking to here?
 
I asked again, what do you mean wake up? How can I be driving down the interstate and not be awake? HELLO! Why are you asking me this?
Still, no reply.
I was baffled, I just didn't understand. What could that mean,
wake up, Is this a spiritual question, am I suppose to know what that means???
 
Sadly to say,
It wasn't until 20 years later that I really understood what that prophetic voice was trying to tell me.
I was spiritually asleep even though I was searching. I was asleep in the light. I only understood parts of what were happening to me throughout my life. It seemed as if every week it was something more I couldn't piece together.
I was being guided to wake up from my spiritual slumber!
 I thank GOD I have lived long enough to finally figure out what was meant by the prophetic voice.
 
I'm wide awake today. The veil has been opened between this life and the next. I have eyes that see now and ears that hear. I'm learning as I walk with those in the land of the living towards home. I now truly understand.
We are not taught in churches the deep oracles of GOD, we are taught through personal asking, seeking, and knocking until we hear HIS voice! We come to understand truly once we embrace the SPIRIT of life! The HOLY SPIRIT Himself!
We are all on this journey together in this life, walking each other towards home.
I'm so very grateful to be awake.
Are you awake?

2 comments: