Friday, October 17, 2014

Divine Intervention

While my Mother was alive she and I would frequently spend time together in a day. We lived only one minute from each other and both enjoyed shopping and hunting for fantastic bargains. It was like entertainment for us both.
One afternoon while we were both coming home from a very successful day of shopping in down town St. Petersburg, she and I were laughing and talking about the bargains we had gotten that day.
I had chosen to drive my car today as she was a slightly slower driver then I was and we would frequently fight over who was going to drive. I was going just a tad over the speed limit as I am known to do flying down the road headed home. She was sitting in the passenger seat up front with me and we were talking a mile a minute just having the most wonderful time together. So we were flying down the interstate headed towards the 38th avenue exit heading north.  As usual the light changed to red at the exit ramp, it's always so hard to catch that darn light. 
 
 As Mom and I continued talking she let me know she was really tired and needed to get home and take her nap. Shopping had just worn her out that day. After all we walked 6 city blocks up and down stairs carrying packages and continued walking to a restaurant nearby at the pier. For a 65 year old, I thought she did real well. But never the less that was her way of letting me know, don't stop anywhere else Teri.
I smiled at her and as I glanced over at her for a second and then the light changed to green.
 
I will never understand why this all played out the way it did but now she was looking at me, I looked back at her and she spoke to me with her eyes saying, the light is green, why are you sitting here?
 (you know how Mothers are). You can read so much in that glance. It was almost a smirk and a prodding for me to GO, MOVE, the light is green. Even her hand was moving as to make that related inference to GO, the light is green!
I however was hearing another voice while all this was happening and at an incredible rate of speed I might add. It all happened within seconds.
 
I couldn't go. I felt as if I were frozen sitting behind the wheel of that car. The voice said "don't go Teri".
Then all of a sudden a huge blue semi ran the green light and barreled through the intersection like nothing I had ever seen before. He had to be moving 80 miles an hour, his truck flew past us so fast I hardly knew what was happening as he flew through the light. Clearly, I had the green light. Clearly, he ran the red light he had. My Mother cried out, Oh my GOD Teri, had you gone we would be dead! We could have never survived a hit from that semi! She grabbed my arm and held it. She was shaking. I said Mother there was no way I could have moved. I was physically frozen. Only my eyes and my head could move. I knew not to go, even though that didn't make any sense at all.
I told her
the voice said "don't go Teri".
She said I was wondering why you didn't take off immediately because we all know you have a quick silver driving style. She verified what I didn't hear her say, yet  new she was sending me through mental telepathy.  
 
I told her again, there was a voice that told me not to go, had I not heard it I'm sure I would have gone through that green light. She just rubbed my arm and said in a fragile voice, this was divine intervention like I have never seen before. We both thanked GOD and we continued on towards home.
I am still Thankful for this blessing 30 years later.
They say if it's not your time, it's not your time!
I believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment