Thursday, October 9, 2014

You Are Loved

Back in 1973 I was just another pretty face in the hippie movement. I was a believer in all things peaceful and groovey. Loved the music and the spirit of the day. Especially my flower braided hair and my comfy jeans with the engraved sayings of Jimi Hendrix I stitched on them. It was a time in my life I smiled a lot.
 
I was searching for something, but I was to young to know what it was. Music guided me at that time like I believe it did so many others. My fear was that music was like a pied piper leading us all into some strange trap. I wanted to understand life and live life well. I watched some friends succumb to drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, strange religions and odd life styles. I watched but never followed. The pressure was there but I saw emptiness at the end of the day. I just didn't want anything controlling my every waking hour or my finances.
 
I found myself alone a lot. I was different. I felt like I was an observer, not part of the crowd. It was desperately lonely, but it was also very peaceful. I was O.K. with it.
 
One afternoon I decided to visit a friend and while there I had an experience with the LORD. It lasted 2 hours at my friends home.  It just happened. No one was talking religion or witnessing to me. It was like the time had come to fruition and it was upon me. Predestined for that very moment in time. 
 
My friend saw what I was experiencing, along with another friend that came to visit as well. I didn't really know who JESUS was but HE wanted me to know who HE was. I wasn't looking for HIM.  HE drew me to HIM.  I later found out HE was with me all along. Showing me the choices in this life that were available for the choosing, if you wanted them.
 
I began a relationship with JESUS that day that turned my life around. I hold fast to HIM still today from that one meeting with HIM.
No one witnessed to me, read scripture to me or shared their salvation message. I didn't go to a church service or have some one hand me a tract. JESUS introduced himself to me
 and I have never been the same.
 
YOU can know HIM as I do. Just as I did. You don't need any invitation to go anywhere or do anything special. HE already knows you and is crazy in love with you.  It's all so simple really. You only have to ask HIM to come into your life. HE will. Then your new relationship with HIM begins. You won't be perfect, your face won't change or many other outwards things. However, your entire spiritual life will be born again. You will have an inheritance instantly that is beyond your widest imagining's. You will live forever securely in HIS presence and peace. 
Life will look different, yet be much the same. What do you have to loose?
 
YOU are already Loved!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment