Friday, November 28, 2014

Vocal Attack

 
 
So it was 1980, I was at home and cleaning up around the house. I had been working for about 4 hours and I thought I'd take a break and go into the kitchen to get a drink of cold water. I poured my drink and was just standing there.
 It was quite and I had a lot on my mind.
 
I thought I heard a voice in one of the bedrooms.  I just thought to myself, no, I couldn't have, must be outside. I'm the only one home after all. So I went into my bedroom to see if there were workers out in the yard talking near my bedroom window. I pushed the curtains back and there was no one there.
I got a strange feeling because I thought O.K. what was that? It felt odd in the house all of a sudden. The hair on my neck fluttered!  
 
Then I thought I heard another voice. I could almost make it out this time. I thought it actually said my name! It sounded like maybe more than one voice. It really creeped me out. I thought to myself, Oh no, what is this?  I was hoping that would be the end of it and it would just stop. Then within a minute I heard it again. I heard a few voices this time. Like they were right at my back! They were saying "run, run, run, don't stay here, run".  I was really scared! I thought why is this happening? Where am I suppose to run to? Why should I run? It was so frightening, I cupped my hands over my ears. I started toward the front door. I was actually getting more and more scared and the hair was standing up on the back of my neck and arms now. I was so confused. Why should I run? Who is this talking to me?
Then the thought came to me, this is my house I'm not going anywhere! The voices returned saying the same things over and over, it felt as if I were standing in a room full of people. But I was there by myself. I still had my hands over my ears. I ran towards the front door and ran out into the front yard slamming the door shut behind me. I felt like I was being pushed out of my own home! I stood there for a few moments. I was so afraid to go back into the house again. I never saw a thing, I only heard the voices and I thought to myself, voices can't hurt me! I'm going back into my house and casting those voices out. I'm out here, they're in there! The heck with this! So I mustered up my strength and opened the front door and stood in the doorway for about 10 minutes. I heard nothing. Then I stood in the front room with the door still open for 10 minutes. I still didn't hear anything. I made my way room by room back to the kitchen. I wasn't in any hurry. As I moved from room to room I was less and less fearful. Once I got into the kitchen I was more mad than fearful. I said out loud in a very angry voice, "Get out of my house in the name of JESUS"! "all of you, get out of my house"!
I repeated this a few times. I was so angry. I felt as if I were set up almost? How does that happen I wondered?
 
As I stood in the kitchen, I grabbed the olive oil from my cupboard and went room by room anointing each and every doorway in the house and asking GOD'S blessing and protection for my family on each room.
I had a wonderful peace come over me. I anointed my own head and asked GOD for wisdom! I walked through the house now without fear. I felt as if I were alone again. It was a great feeling.
I wondered why these attacks came at me so frequently. A friend at church suggested that I made the enemy mad with the good works I had done. I wondered if that were true? I never really did find out the actual answer. I'm just very grateful this sort of thing doesn't happen as much anymore. When I have attacks from the spirit world now, I am well prepared and victorious. 

2 comments: