Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Animals See The Spiritual

 
So, it was 1987. I had an airplane ticket to fly to Texas to visit friends who owned a world wide ministry. Tyler Texas to be exact, a real Bible belt of the worlds largest ministries.  I was being interviewed in a round about way to come join the team and leave the heat from Florida to experience the heat and dust of Texas!
I had just gone through a very complicated divorce and I needed to make some decisions.
 
I flew out to Tyler and spent the week going through interviews and meeting new amazing people that later became some life long friends. Every day was busy and pleasantly exhausting.
I woke up the day before I was getting ready to head back home to Florida. I still didn't have any clear direction, so I took a long walk out in the peach orchard on the massive property of the Ministry.
I walked for about 15 minutes and all of a sudden I just burst into tears. I could not make  up my mind as what to do.  I had so many options before me but I was just wrung out emotionally. I had gotten the job but wasn't sure if I wanted to move.
All of a sudden, from I don't even know where was this huge, white horse. He was so big, and stood so high off the ground. I was actually petrified for a moment. I didn't realize horses could get that big! He came walking towards me slowly, kind of swaying as he walked my way. I had no idea what he was going to do. I was now crying tears of fear. I believe he could see my broken spirit. This gentle giant then put his nose right up to my hand which I had out in front of me. Mostly to protect myself, I was hoping he would stop! He put his head near my shoulder and just stopped moving. He could sense my fear, I was sure! He was offering me peace. He could understand some how. I felt it. He just stood there. We bonded somehow. If I took one step, he took one step. So now my tears switched back to my emotional tears. I looked him in the eyes and started talking to him. He made strange nose noises and I was stunned how I could feel him listening to me. His neck was too high to put my arm around so I just petted his mane and neck for the longest time. We walked and I talked. He walked me back down to the fence gate as I didn't remember how to get there.  I hated saying good bye to this amazing horse. I gave him a kiss on the nose, it was so soft. He just stood perfectly still. I then walked away looking back at him standing there.
 
Of all my wonderful memories there in Tyler, which were many, I must say, the few moments spent with that horse has revisited my mind many times over the years with warm thoughts.
I know he understood my broken spirit and was there to
encourage me.
When I mentioned to my friends, how this wonderful horse met me in the Orchard, they all said "Yes", he has a sweet, loving spirit that animal. He could comfort like no other, They all had experienced the strong, sensitive presence of that amazing horse.

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine wrote some books about animal communications including one called, "Shamans, Animals and Star People". He says star people have amazing things to communicate through their animal avatars here on earth. Your white horse sounds like one of these wise, wonderful beings.
    https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dawnhawk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to say he is a contact of mine on MeWe. I sent him a link to this post. :)

      Delete