Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Connecting After Death

 
It was 2001, I was at home in my living room and reading the local news paper. The St. Petersburg Times.
I was just paging quickly through and then something strange happened.
Some unseen hands held my face and turned my head to the right. I felt the hands holding my head and I didn't resist them. It was so odd feeling it made me focus on what was transpiring. These gentle hands moved my head into a position and then stopped. I was unable to change the position. But I really didn't want to. I was wondering what was happening. I wasn't afraid, but it was certainly odd. This had never happened before to me.
Then as if to reach inside my head, the hands took hold of my eyes and caused me to move them to the center of the page and then to the inside column. It was completely bizarre.
I had been manipulated to look at a vey specific point on the page I was now looking at.
I started to focus on the notice I found myself reading that I had been directed to, and to my surprise and utter amazement, I began to absorb what it was I was reading.
These hands that held my head and directed me to this particular point on the page had led me to an obituary. It was more than surreal. It was miraculous!
I gasped as I read the name of one of my dearest and oldest friends who  had just passed away. I read that she had been killed on 49th Street not far from where I lived. I read that she was the victim of a careless driver that was on her laptop in her car while driving. The woman who killed my friend was a real estate person speeding through a red light while on her computer and T-boned my friends van, causing it to roll several times and in the process my friend broke her neck.
My friend was on her way back home from picking up food from a "Hope Kitchen" to serve unfortunate families with children and also bring them gifts.
 She had just picked up the food for the children and was on her way back home to get things ready.
 
I was shocked. I was in disbelief, and then I heard her voice speak to me as if she were standing right there in the room. I heard her say in the most reassuring tone, "It's O.K. Teri, don't worry for me. I'm fine, I'm happy, I'm home".
She said it so softly and I could feel her right there with me.
The bond of deep friendship we had in this life has carried over to the next.
 
My friend and I went to the same church 25 years earlier and were close and special friends. She was different. We had a certain connection. We were like family instantly when we met and respected one another deeply.
 
I was at her house one year in the 90's during a horrible storm to check on her while she was pregnant and alone. I was getting ready to leave after a day of visiting and something told me to stay a bit longer, so I did. She began to go into labor right after I had decided to stay. I will never forget it. She was so grateful I stayed.
 It was I who delivered her baby that night. Just she and I in the house. The storm that came that night was so strong it prevented the mid wife getting to her from over the bridge in Tampa. I had been sent there that day to visit and to be with her to help her deliver her daughter that night.
I had never delivered a baby before. But it all came to me as I assisted her and it was all so natural.
 
 I believe she wanted me to know she had passed on.
It occurred to me that I was led to sit down and read the paper that day. I never really read the newspaper much back then. I was always a "Live News at 6:00 pm", with dinner kind of girl so I didn't bother reading the paper that much.
 
This was special and she wanted me to know she was now gone.
 
I called her husband and confirmed all I had read. I shared with him how this all happened and what I had heard. He said she had been saying she wanted to get in touch with me just a week before the accident.
She kept that promise.
I believe the true friends we make here will be our friends throughout eternity.
See you again sweet Jay!

No comments:

Post a Comment