Monday, December 22, 2014

The Answer

 
It was 2009. A warm summer night. It was 3:00 a.m. in the morning and I was awoken from my sleep and felt very troubled.
 
I started praying and I really poured my heart out to GOD. It was no simple prayer. I prayed and prayed in the Spirit. I wrestled with a question and I needed answers for.
I must have been praying for 30 minutes just asking for HIS guidance and council on a few very specific topics. I was so restless.  I cried and tossed and turned trying to be quite as my husband was sleeping next to me. Just after that 30 minutes, I had a great comforting peace come over me and I fell fast asleep again.
 
At exactly 5:00 a.m. I woke up again. I looked at the clock and was really puzzled. I thought to myself, O.K. this is really bizarre. I don't usually just wake up without some reason. I hadn't heard anything. But I just woke up! I had a strong urge to turn the computer on. Again, that's not something I ever do either throughout the night. I didn't want to wake my husband up, so I very carefully lifted the covers off me and headed out to the computer in our living room on the desk.
 
I turned on my e-mail and noticed one single e-mail that had come in since I'd gone to bed that night. It was from a friend I hadn't heard from in years! I was so surprised to see her name in my inbox. I then noticed that her e-mail came in to my in box at exactly 3:00 a.m. "O.K. that was weird"! I don't believe in coincidences. But I really didn't think that much of it until I opened the e-mail.
 
This friend, who I hadn't seen or spoken to in years, was moved to send me this little message in the middle of the night. Not just any message, but a message that was an answer to the very prayer I had gotten up and prayed so desperately about to GOD at exactly 3:00 a.m. that very morning! NOT a coincidence at all!
What are the chances of that?
I Love when that happens!
Just as I am in great need, praying and wrestling with my thoughts, and at the exact same moment, GOD wakes someone else up unbeknown  to me and sends me the exact answer to what I needed to hear!
WOW!
I sat at the computer in my living room and cried for a half hour.
I was so elated that the LORD answered my prayer. And just the fact that HE heard me again was overwhelming to me!
 
Never underestimate what GOD can do.
That was a miracle to me. I needed that answer and reassurance.
Every time I think of this happening, it leaves me amazed.
GOD is so Good! And YES, HE hears and answers our prayers!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. GOD has perfect timing ...we should always trust that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful for that kind of perfect timing. I completely trust HIM!

      Delete