Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Attack

So, it was June, 2012 and my husband and I went to visit my sister and her husband in Orlando, Florida while they were here on vacation. We had driven over to where they were staying in Orlando at a beautiful Golf Resort Hotel on a wonderful Golf Course.
We left St. Petersburg early to head their way as I wanted to go shopping and have lunch and maybe get a round of golf in with  my sister if we had time. It was a beautiful sunny, hot day in Florida and the trip to my sister seemed to take forever.
We finally arrived and I was so happy to see my sister and her husband. They were standing on the balcony of their beautiful Condo waving us in!
We sat and talked for an hour or so as we caught up on all the latest family plans and such. As we sat talking I noticed my sister was holding her head very still and hardly moving it at all as she spoke, and turned from side to side. I asked her what was going on with her neck? I wondered if she had slept wrong and had a sore neck or something? She said "no, that hadn't happened, but just as of late she said, she had been experiencing a severe bout of vertigo and it had been so severe the last few days she could hardly walk"! She explained she was on a special medication for it to help calm the situation. It had just started happening on and off a few months earlier.
Having never had vertigo in my life, I couldn't really relate to what she was experiencing.  I could see it was uncomfortable for her, as she was moving slow but steady and I wondered if there was anything I could do for her? She said it had to run it's course and perhaps would get a bit better soon.
We then all got ready to go out for lunch at a very famous Seafood Restaurant where we had made reservations earlier. We were all starving and so happy to be together, and so out the door we went and down the escalator to the car.
 
 As I walked out of the escalator, I stood there for a moment, all of a sudden, as if I were hit by a force I never saw coming, the whole earth seemed to be spinning really quickly all around me! I had only taken two steps away from the elevator and I could no longer stand on my own? My head was swimming! I grabbed onto my husbands arm and then began to fall to the ground. What was happening to me I wondered? This is so strange!  I felt so embarrassed! I tried blinking my eyes to make it stop! It was so frightening. I felt a bit sick at my stomach. I could not make the spinning stop! I tried to relate this to my husband but I don't think I was making any sense, I just kept saying over and over, I'm spinning terribly, I'm spinning and I can't make it stop! If I closed my eyes it felt as I was going to throw up! It was like being on a roller coaster! I tried to get up off the ground. I could not on my own, my husband lifted me up and was holding on to me. I was like a rag doll! I kept my eyes open but could not walk. It was as if my feet could not articulate the next move because I was unable to focus at all!  I kept trying to go to the right towards a bench I could see near where I was standing, but my legs could not steady me to go in that direction! Everything was moving. I headed in one direction and quickly found myself unable to get there. My husband helped me over to the bench by almost carrying me, he sat me down on the bench near a fountain.  I could not sit without feeling sick.  I kept feeling as if I were going to fall again! Everything was spinning so fast! What was happening to me? Why can't I focus! Why was this happening all of a sudden? This was a deliberate serious attack!
I could not focus on anything!
As my sister and her husband watched me, she said to me frantically, "Teri, I believe you're suffering an attack of Vertigo"! "I said how can that be"? I don't even know what Vertigo is and I've never had it before in my life? What the heck was going on here? We were just talking about her problem, why did I have it now? I sat quietly on the bench in the terrace in the hot sun while my husband steadied me for at least 15 minutes. It was so hot and uncomfortable. I was blinking a lot trying to make the spinning stop. Holding my head and trying to focus! I said very matter of fact right then, I bind this attack in the name of JESUS! I rebuked the spinning and the sickness in my stomach as well. It was actually subsiding a bit as I finished my prayer!  My husband gave me a water from the car to drink and I tried to get up slowly and take a few steps. I was hoping I could actually move in the direction I wanted to go! My head was still spinning but not like at first. I was still feeling like I was going to fall! It seemed to be getting better though. It was now 20 minutes or so into the ordeal. We all headed towards our car very slowly, to get out of the heat, My husband started the car and turned on the air-conditioning, so it was a little less hot and uncomfortable for us all. Why did this happen?
I was settling down a bit but, the spinning was not gone completely a half hour later. We all wondered what to do next? Should we call this a day and head back home? Should we go get something to eat? Could I even make it into the Restaurant? I felt I was getting better, much better, but I was still frail from the attack.
It was my call, so I said lets head towards the restaurant, everyone is so hungry, I will be willing to sit in the car if I had to, and I suggested someone could bring me a sandwich to the car. We were all so hungry. Off we went!
By the time we got to the Restaurant I was back to normal. It was only about a 10 minute drive. I could not understand how this had happened, and especially just after my sister shared what she was going through! That was not a coincidence. It was a deliberate attack on me. I have never had anything like this before that day or after! I am always on guard for this sort of attack now and pray protection over me in the name of JESUS.
I hope sharing this experience will help you along your spiritual journey somehow.
Feel free to ask questions if you want to. I am here to be a help to you so you can understand why you go through trials and attacks too! I know why this happened to me now.
I have some very unhappy enemies here.
I am focused on overcoming any and all attacks, In JESUS name!. 


No comments:

Post a Comment