Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Someone Stopped Me

 
So, it was 2005. A beautiful Autumn day. My Mom was visiting me for a week from North Carolina. She lives in a very small township in North Carolina called Otto. Near Franklin. There are no nice shopping malls there. No good name brand stores to shop, No nice boutiques, and there is really pretty much nothing else going on in Otto. They have a cemetery and a garbage dump with a free standing little shack for free stuff others are throwing away. So that's the big doin's in Otto. The free shack! Oh yes, and the weekly Bingo at all the churches in town!
When my Mom comes to visit me in St. Petersburg, FL it's like she's rearing to go to all the wonderful shops both here and in Tampa. She can finally find things she loves again.
So, we were headed out to the downtown boutiques on the beautiful streets of downtown St. Pete, we were both so excited to have the day together and we literally wore ourselves out shopping from one store to another! We were heavy laden with packages and box's and could not wait to get home to get off our feet!
I got up on the I-275 ramp from downtown and headed towards my exit at 22nd Ave No. I came to a stop at the light, because as usual, I always got the red light. Mom and I were talking away and laughing from the day's sweet deals we purchased.
The light turned green.
I just sat there. I didn't move the car.
I don't really understand why.
A whole 30 seconds went by.
I still just sat there.
As if I were being held there!
My Mom looked at me and said what are you waiting for Teri, Come on the light is green! She sounded upset. 
I looked at her and said, "that's so weird, I have no idea why"....
And that is when we both saw a Semi Tractor trailer run the red light doing 60 miles per hour right before our eyes!
We both froze as we looked at each other.
We would have both been instantly killed had I moved forward when the light changed. We would not have stood a chance.
It was divine intervention that kept me from moving the car forward. I cannot explain it. It was a spiritual experience to say the least! I could not have moved my foot to the gas had I wanted too! Someone clearly prevented it from happening.
I believe the LORD will watch over us who love HIM.
This was an amazing testimony of that!
It was a GOOD day!


No comments:

Post a Comment