Monday, April 20, 2015

Paranormal Intervention and Protection.

 
It was 1969 and I was living with my Mother and her boyfriend. I had come home from school after a very hot, long day in a High School with no air conditioning. It was around 94 degrees in the shade. I was thinking I would cool down out in the back yard in the pool and at least get a good Florida tan if I had to sweat to death for the rest of the day.
 
So, like all kids coming home from school I did my chores, a few dishes and a load of laundry, then I took my history book outside with me to read as I sat in the chaise lounge. After about an hour or so of enjoying the Florida afternoon I came in the house to get a drink of Iced tea.
 
I remember walking into the house to see that my Mom's boyfriend was home early from work. I never liked being around him. He always made me uncomfortable. I could never put my finger on why I didn't like being around him, but this I know, no matter how hard I tried to accept him for my mothers sake I could not loose the creepy feeling I always had in his presence. Today he would confirm my reasons for feeling this way.
 
I had said hello to him when I saw him in the kitchen, and then made my way down the hall to my room. He was in my way and acted as if he wasn't going to let me pass him at first. I thought that odd but just went around him. He was always acting strange, I thought.
Coming out of my room now, I headed towards the kitchen to get my ice tea. I had to pass him again. I dreaded being within one foot of this creep.  Although I had tried to be nice he always made me feel so uncomfortable. I got as far as the closet door in the living room and all of a sudden for no reason he lunged towards me and threw me up against the wall. He was very strong and I tried to fight him off of me. He tried to rip my top off as he held me by the neck against the closet door with one hand. I was so shocked and stunned by what he was doing I started to scream at the top of my lungs. He then tried to rip my pants off me. He hit my face with his free hand and told me to shut up!
All of a sudden the strangest thing happened! Right before my very eyes he turned white! Like he saw a ghost! He was just staring at me. He literally froze! His eyes were full of fear! He didn't move a muscle. He took his hand off my neck for a split second and I heard someone say to me "RUN". And I did! Right to the front door and out into the front yard.
I then ran to a neighbors house and called my Mom at work.
I told her what had just happened.
Both my Mother and I were sure that it was GOD himself who protected me from her boy friends abuse, GOD told me to run!
Out of a very horrible scenario the Almighty Protected me and made a way out for me to safety. I am eternally grateful!
Life has many lessons to teach us, we're all on a different course but headed to the same destination. It's comforting to know that we really are never alone.
And I take great peace in knowing
GOD is for me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment