Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Rudely Awakened

 

So, it was February of 2020, we just moved to Paris, Tennessee., Kevin and I and our son and his family. It was cold, and our new home was like an icebox. I had never lived in a home with 10 fireplaces before, and here I was. I didn't know how to start a fireplace with gas. It was truly a frightening experience for me.  Kevin was still working in Tampa; Florida and we got here just two weeks before Covid hit America. Kevin stayed a week here helping me and the kids unpack and settle in. But work was waiting for him back in Tampa. So, he headed back to Florida to return to work. Our bedroom was upstairs and we had the whole upper floor for our living quarters.  There was so much to do cleaning an old, dirty Antebellum mansion. Each day was so busy with arranging furniture, paining to freshen the home up and unpacking boxes. By the time I went to bed every night I was exhausted. My son and his girlfriend would light the fireplaces every day and keep the house toasty warm. We would shut them off in the evening while everyone slept and use the electric heating system to assure there would be no fire hazards while we slept. 

It was the third day after Kevin had left that I had worked till late in the evening scrubbing floors, doing laundry and dishes, and burning boxes outside in the firepit. I had to make myself stop; it was overwhelming the endless chores to accomplish on a daily basis. I climbed up the stairs to the second floor to collapse into bed. I yelled downstairs to my son to please shut off all the fireplaces before he went to bed.  I took my shower and was out like a light the moment I went to bed. I was awaked that evening by someone pulling very hard on my leg. I was in such a deep sleep and the pulling on my left leg was so strong I just knew it had to Jason as I came up out of my deep sleep. I felt his hands firmly holding my foot and now just yanking on my leg to get me to wake up. I felt an urgency because he was pulling my foot so hard! The first thing I thought was "OH NO, there's a fire, he forgot to shut off a fireplace" he's desperately trying to get me up!  and I sat up in bed screaming, "OK, OK, I'm up, Jason, stop, I'm up." As I sat up to yell at him for not turning off the fireplace, I saw I was completely alone in the room. The room was dark but there was no one standing at the foot of the bed! I never heard him leave the room. Who was pulling my leg? What was happening? I know what I felt! I sat there for a moment in the dark. Then I reached over and turned the light on. I didn't see smoke or hear anyone shouting. The house was quiet. Very quiet. The dogs weren't barking, what was going on here? I got up and walked downstairs to see where Jason was. His bedroom door was closed, so I pushed it open to see if he was up, he was fast asleep! 

I walked back upstairs now. I knew this was no dream, I felt hands on my foot yanking on my leg. I knew I was dealing with a spirit. I immediately got angry. How dare some spirit touch me as I slept and how dare they cause me such alarm, waking me the way they did! I said out loud in the name of JESUS, you may NOT touch me, I command you out of this house now! I bind you from entering this home again by the power of JESUS that dwells within me. And at that, I laid back down to go back to sleep. I was mad!

I never knew who it was that woke me in such a strange fashion that night, or why. I didn't want to know either. The next day I called Kevin to tell him about my ghostly experience. He was mad at me for sending the spirit out and binding him in JESUS name. He said, Teri, next time something like that happens, let me at least try to get a video of that happening before you cast them out! I replied to him, that won't be happening Kevin. I don't entertain these unwelcome entities, if they have the power to hold tightly onto your leg and stir you from a deep sleep, while yanking your leg that hard, these are not spirits to be played with. These are dangerous creatures and need to be put out as quickly as possible. 

Once again, in our new home I knew we would have visitors, as spirits never just visit once. I knew we would have to stay diligent and be prepared for attacks in the future. These old homes have a lot to be dealt with. I'm ok with casting out spirits. I don't live in fear. No weapon formed against me can prosper and I know who I serve is so much stronger in every way as anything I might deal with in this life. I can't say this enough, truth is so much stranger than fiction! Just make sure you're on the right side of life and standing in truth when danger strikes! I put on the whole armor of GOD, daily, you'll need it while living in the land of the living. This universe is stranger than what you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment