Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Night of the Feathers

 
So, it was the winter of 2014, I was living on the Lake in New Port Richey, FL, and had been enjoying a monthly magazine edition I always read from front to back when it comes in.
I had sat down somewhere around 4:00 p.m. and started reading when I had gotten the magazine in the mail and now it was late in the evening and very cold outside.
  I could hear the wind blowing through the trees and howling at the windows.  I laid my magazine down and started getting ready for bed.
I was intrigued by an article in the magazine I had read that spoke of paranormal happenings,
 such as "how you know" when a loved one who has passed is near.
 
I read this article with a raised eyebrow as I thought, I wonder if any of this has ever actually "Really" ever been proven?
One way the article mentioned you know when someone is near, is that you'll see pennies often lying around. I thought to myself, "well gee" I see pennies all the time and I pick them up too, so what could that mean?
Another way to tell if your loved ones who have crossed over are near is that you'll smell their perfume or hear their favorite song. I again thought, well, I hear old songs all the time, does that mean people who have passed are always near me because of the songs I hear?
Another was that you'll see feathers. I laughed when I read that one as I said, Oh Please, feathers, really?
How silly is that? I hardly ever see feathers! Just once in a blue moon maybe. I never hear of anyone seeing feathers. I just laughed it off as a crazy magazine article, but this was just too much, feathers, "really"! 
 
It was getting late and I needed to get ready for bed. So I got up to brush my teeth and retire for the evening and I laid the magazine back down again. I laughed and said out loud in the bathroom as I started brushing my teeth, well, Mom, let's see if you can muster up a feather or two for me tonight.
I just laughed and headed in to bed. How ridiculous! My Mom had passed 7 years earlier, I wondered if she would show up and sprinkle a feather or two around for me!
Sometime after 3:00 in the morning my room mate came into the room and pulled my covers up for me as the heat had gone off and he was making sure I stayed warm throughout the night. It had really gotten cold this night and another cold front was on it's way.
 
 That night as I slept soundly I awoke for some reason, so I got up around 3:30 a.m. to use the rest room. The house was dark, cold and quite. I didn't want to wake anyone in the house so I kept the lights off.  I glanced at myself in the mirror in the bathroom, It was really dark but I thought I saw something white in my hair but I was so tired, I didn't want to turn the light on, so I was in and out of the bathroom in less than a minute. I wanted to go right back into my warm bed and go back to sleep.
 
The next morning  I awoke around 7:00 a.m. and as I opened my eyes I saw a sea of white! 
To my utter surprise I was covered in feathers. They were all over my bed, in my hair, all over the pillow and even on the floor everywhere!
I could not believe my eyes!
FEATHERS WERE EVERYWHERE!
Little white feathers.
I called out to my room mate and said come and see these feathers! I hadn't told him about the article I had read the night before. I hadn't mentioned my conversation with my Mother either.
What happened here?
This was extremely strange.
My room mate then said, last night as I pulled the comforter up over your shoulders I must have ripped the down open. I laughed and said, what are the odds that I had read that particular article about the feathers and then asked my Mom to muster a couple up for me? How strange was that coincidence? I am not really a believer in coincidences but this really had my attention.
I just laughed and shook my head. Had my Mom enrolled my room mate to help her cover me in feathers? What is one to believe?
I'll leave that up to you to decide. What are the odds on that very night out of a million that I would ask for a sign of feathers?
We live in a strange world with many odd happenings. This is just another one of mine.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment