Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Paralyzed

So, it was 1987. It was a very warm summer evening.
I had gone to bed that night later than normal, but except for that, it was just like any other night. 
As the night progressed  however, it was unfolding very differently from those other nights.
I woke up around 3:00am in the morning and tried to move. I was unable to. I thought to myself, "get up silly, you need to use the restroom"! I didn't seem alarmed that I could not move. I always drink so much coffee before I go to bed every night, that I rarely make it through the night before I have to get up.
This night was no exception.
But I couldn't get up!
So I concentrated on moving a bit, my arms were frozen to my sides. I kept on trying to move, not really thinking to much about it, as I was in a fog from being so sound asleep.
I don't ever sleep on my back however, I am a side sleeper and  I did think it odd I was on my back, but I didn't dwell on it at that moment. Nothing was making sense. I wasn't overly concerned.
Again I said to myself, "Teri, get up"!
I am a very tenacious soul and since I wasn't moving anything at all, I said one more time to myself, "get up"! With that my body sat up in bed and I was able to move a bit. I rubbed my eyes, my arms felt very heavy, really weird, and then I threw my legs over the side of the bed.
I thought to myself, ok, here we go!
As I went to stand up, I fell on the floor, by hitting the side of my bed and bouncing straight down to the carpet!
My legs were like jelly. I had no use of them at all!
What the heck was this, I thought?
I was now fully sprawled out on the floor and unable to move at all! I thought to myself, "what the heck is going on here"?
My arm hit the dresser, but just barley as I fell to the ground.
I tried to move my arms again, they would not move!
Now, I was afraid! Very afraid! AND MAD!
What the heck is going on here I thought again? What is causing this? This has never happened before to me and I am not drunk so, how does this happen to someone? Why me?
My eyes were opened and I could clearly see myself laying on the floor! I could not seem to speak though, all my commands to myself were coming from my thoughts!
I lay there on the floor for I don't remember how long, getting more upset about all this, feeling all alone and concerned! Then I said to myself again, in a strong and somewhat angry voice "get up"!
I was wedged a bit between the bed and my nearby dresser. My arm had hit the dresser as I went down to the floor, but I didn't seem to be hurt, this was awkward, but I didn't feel any pain anywhere. Knowing I was basically ok,
I said again, "Teri, get up"!
And with that, my arm control came immediately back. I pushed my upper body up off the floor. I was able to rise to a full standing position instantly! I carefully took one step forward, then another. Testing out my legs as I moved. I felt a tad bit shaky but for the most part, I was moving forward with no issue.
I headed out of my bedroom and to the restroom.
I appeared to be one hundred percent normal again.
I headed back to bed and before I lay back down, I stood there for a moment, in the dark, wondering if I wanted to get back into bed again? Would I be able to get back out?
My voice was back and I said out loud now, what the heck is this all about?
I am used to having strange things happen to me, but never like this! I'm not a drinker and I don't use drugs, so how did this happen I wondered? Was it an abduction that I was paralyzed from? Was it a spiritual battle I had been fighting? Was something there just before I woke up that had caused this to happen to me?
I still to this day do not know exactly what happened, but I can say with all honesty, it has never happened again! Not before that day, and not since.
We live in such a strange world with so many different dimensions, I believe, somehow, I woke before my experience was over that night. I awoke and took a mind over matter approach to standing up, and it worked.
The take away here is our minds are so much stronger than we understand. We hold amazing powers within us.
Truth is stranger than all fiction!
Be careful what you say when you talk to yourself, your whole body is listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment